Volunteer on our Board!
Board Directors provide leadership on WAVAW’s goals and governance as they are linked to WAVAW’s mission, strategic plan, programs, fundraising goals, policies, operations and finances.
- Directors attend all Board Meetings (and other meetings for donor care) on a monthly basis.
- Directors advocate WAVAW’s mission and work in the community.
- Directors attend community and networking events to represent the interests of WAVAW.
- Directors connect with personal and business contacts for WAVAW fundraising initiatives.
- Directors participate in feminist professional development to fulfill their Board role in service of WAVAW’s mission.
Board Directors connect with community members, businesses and organizations to raise awareness of WAVAW’s work and mission and to secure funding to ensure WAVAW can continue to deliver essential services and advocate for women who have experienced sexual violence.
We are looking for women who know that it takes collective action for social change to happen!
For more information, contact the Volunteer Coordinator: 604-255-6228 ext 239 or e-mail.
Join us in the fight against violence in women’s lives.
We are always looking for talented and committed Board Members and Advisors to the Board!