January has come to an end, and we are excited to share our new monthly news and pop culture roundup with you!
We compiled this list of our favorite moments to keep you in the loop with what we have been thinking, talking, and reading about this month.
Check them out and let us know what you think!
1) Kesha gave a powerful Grammy performance of “Praying”, written following her long legal battle with her abuser. You may want to grab a box of tissues for this one.
2) Representation of queer, trans, Two-Spirit, and gender diverse folks is an essential tool for challenging the oppressive status-quo. This list of 2018’s queer TV line up will let you know whats worth tuning in to!
3) 133 people took to the podium to address the Olympic gymnastics doctor who sexually assaulted hundreds of young women and teens. This list of over 100 profoundly powerful quotes from his sentencing gave us all the feels.
4) Ian Campeau, a former member of the DJ group A Tribe Called Red, discussed the role men must play in ending gender-based violence. We want more dialogue like this please!
5) Franchesca Ramsey breaks down the psychology of victim blaming, and explains how basic grammar can switch the narrative to holding perpetrators accountable!
We hope you enjoyed these moments as much as we did, and stay tuned for next months February Faves!
The WAVAW Team