Since its inception, WAVAW has been known as an overtly political organization in regards to challenging social structures, actions and attitudes that contribute to violence against women, injustices, and all forms of oppression. As such, the history of WAVAW is embedded in the politics of the organization.
Please feel free to review WAVAW’s publications below which illuminate our stance and work:
- Letter to IIO Review Committee
- Challenges of Women’s Equality in the Courts
- Ending Rape Culture
- Contested Realities – WAVAW’s Olympic Legacy
- Feminists Across Borders – Women’s Worlds July 3-7th, 2011
- Stepping Out of the Binary: Deepening the Dialogue on Prostitution
- Slutwalk 2011 Vancouver
- Back to the Basement?
- Respond with Action. Embrace Collective Power
- Informed Consent
- In Womens Interests