Are you interested in ending violence against women, but are unable to volunteer? (i.e. under 19 years of age, don’t live in the lower mainland…)
Since we’re a rape crisis centre, all our volunteers have to be 19 years or older and live in the area. They help operate a 24-hour Crisis Line, do Educational Outreach, and work in our office.
There is still a lot you can do with the WAVAW community!
- Join the WAVAW team and run, walk, roll, dance, or move with us at the Scotiabank half marathon/5K Walk!
- Propose a guest BLOG post. Pick a topic that bugs/interests/inspires you about feminism, social justice, violence against women and we can work with you to share your thoughts on our site!
- Visit our events calendar and join us at a march or rally or parade! Or let us know about great events!
- Ask your school to include our Raise It Up youth social justice program in your classes or invite us for presentations and workshops!
- Organize a fundraiser for WAVAW! Previous event ideas:
For more information, email our Volunteer Coordinator!
Young people have done all kinds of creative, courageous, and clever actions. Send us your favourites! Here are some of ours: