WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre
Request for Proposals
Development of WAVAW’s Strategic Plan 2018 to 2021
WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre requests proposals from potential contractors to facilitate the development of a strategic plan to guide its work in 2018 to 2021. Building on the previous strategic plan; this dynamic and engaging facilitator will work collaboratively with WAVAW’s board of directors and key staff to vision and plan for the future.
WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre is a feminist organization founded in Vancouver, BC, in 1982 that works to end all forms ofviolence against women.Guided by our feminist anti-oppression philosophy we challenge and change thinking, actions, and systems that contribute to sexualized violence against people who identify with any, some or all of the following: woman, trans, Two-Spirit, non-binary, and gender diverse. We provide survivors of sexual assault with support and healing, and engage with youth to develop leadership for prevention of future violence. Our history and services are described in detail on our website at www.wavaw.ca .
- Assist in reframing or drafting a new societal vision and mission
- Design and implement an imaginative, innovative strategic planning process, that may include the following:
- With Board and key WAVAW staff, the creation of a background document (that may include SOAR) that captures trends analysis, social forces, success and impact indicators, and organizational capacity significant to WAVAW’s mission and future work
- Develop a draft strategic plan for the 2018-2021 periods, including: key directions and goals, objectives, etc.
- Review, finalize and submission of final operational plan for approval of board of directors.
Timeline: November 2017 to March 2018
Fees: To be determined
Please submit a proposal outlining your approach to the Strategic Planning process, including your company profile, a summary of relevant or similar projects undertaken, references and budget outline by October 31, 2017 to:
Irene Tsepnopoulos-Elhaimer, Executive Director